30 pounds in 14 days… Who hasn’t dreamt of it? Developed by a doctor from the CHU of Thonon-les-Bains, the Thonon diet is a low-calorie diet, which allows you to lose weight quickly just like the Natman diet, or the cabbage soup diet. Its strong point: it prevents the yo-yo effect.
Thonon Diet: a 2-step diet
That’s his forte. Thanks to these two phases, it meets the two requirements of people who start a diet: lose weight quickly, but also lose weight sustainably.
An attack phase
Duration: 14 days.
It corresponds to a phase of weight loss. It is similar to a high-protein diet with an excessive consumption of animal proteins and a limitation of fat and carbohydrates. Salt and alcohol are not recommended.
A stabilization phase
Its duration varies according to the weight lost in the attack phase.
It takes a week of stabilization for every kilo lost. It consists of 2 distinct programs: one with 1,200 calories per day and one with 1,500 calories per day.
Please note: in both cases more or less precise menus are given. They must be followed to the letter
Losing weight with the Thonon Diet
For the Thonon regime to be fully effective:
- you have to follow it to the letter and therefore be very organized and rigorous;
- it takes a lot of motivation.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Thonon diet
The benefits of the Thonon plan are as follows :
- Important and fast weight loss. This is motivating, all the more so as the stabilization phase that follows is reassuring. The efforts of the first 14 days are not in vain.
- No feeling of hunger.
However, the Thonon diet has some drawbacks:
- Over 14 days, frustrations can arise.
- This diet is absolutely not recommended for children and teenagers, pregnant women, breastfeeding women and people suffering from pathologies such as diabetes.
You should also read :