Born in Sonoma, north of the San Francisco Bay Area, the Californian diet is popular among lazy people because it skips the kitchen! Little extras, like the Okinawa diet, the Cretan diet, the Ayurvedic diet, the slim-data diet or his compatriot, the Miami diet, he respects health. The point on the so tasty and so effective.
- 1 Principle of the Californian diet
- 2 The ideal plate of the Californian diet
- 3 The 3 phases of the Californian regime
- 4 Keys to a successful California diet
- 5 Californian Diet Benefits
- 6 Disadvantages of the Californian diet
Principle of the Californian diet
The less you cook, the less you process and the more you lose…
No more ready meals and over-industrialized products. With the California diet, we like:
- Natural foods: fruits and vegetables, real pieces of meat and fish, whole grains and legumes and grain or unrefined cereals.
- Raw and light cooking: little or no preparation of food preserves its vitamins and minerals.
The ideal plate of the Californian diet
The size of the plate is of great importance in the California diet. It dictates the amount of food in the meal:
- Breakfast plate: 18 cm diameter (or a 50 cl bowl).
- Lunch and dinner plate: 23 cm diameter.
The 3 phases of the Californian regime
For all phases of the Californian diet, a protein breakfast is recommended. It should be composed of either 75% protein and 25% whole grains or 50% dairy products and 50% whole grains.
Regime phase 1: the attack phase
Duration: 10 days.
- Lunch consists of 40% vegetables and 60% protein (meat, fish, eggs, dairy products).
- Dinner of 30% protein (meat, fish, eggs, dairy products), 20% whole grains and 50% vegetables (except cooked sweet vegetables such as red beets or carrots).
Please note: refined sugar, sweeteners and fruit are prohibited.
Phase 2 of the regime: cruising phase
Duration: until the desired weight loss.
At dinner as at lunch, the plate is divided into 4:
- ¼ of the plate is reserved for cereals;
- ¼ of the plate is reserved for vegetables;
- ¼ of the plate is reserved for proteins (meat, fish, egg, dairy);
- and ¼ of the plate is reserved for fruit.
Please note: refined sugar and sweeteners are prohibited.
Phase 3 of the regime: stabilization phase
Duration: for life.
It is a question of respecting a balanced diet by allowing oneself, from time to time, small deviations. If the needle on the scale goes up, simply follow the dietary recommendations of phase 2 again.
Keys to a successful California diet
It is important to shop regularly so that the fresh vegetables you eat are still well supplied with vitamins and minerals: time alters them.
Remember to stay hydrated with tap or spring water to aid in the elimination process. Water that is too high in minerals is not suitable for disposal.
Californian Diet Benefits
The California plan has many advantages:
- No calories to count, so it’s not tedious.
- No history of lipids, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins or minerals to spot: just know the food groups (everyone knows what a vegetable, meat or starchy food is!).
- No frustration because there is simply no deprivation: even starchy foods have their place, unlike many slimming diets. Moreover, this diet leaves no room for deficiencies.
- No feeling of hunger: the diet is satiating thanks to the proteins and fibres of plants and those of wholegrain cereals.
- The proportion of protein is sufficient to avoid muscle wasting.
- This diet leads to a very good lifestyle: the yo-yo is not to be feared.
Disadvantages of the Californian diet
There isn’t really any, except that fresh produce can represent a significant budget over the month.
You should also read :